Examples of Self Sabotage
- You feel your being ignored on Face Book and go into depression.
- You project personal paranoia by seeing others good deeds with suspicion.
- You over react to honesty with words and text messages you can’t take back.
- You consistently give gifts and presents, but get nothing back and feel ripped off.
- You sooth emotional unhappiness with credit card spending.
- You share unproven gossip to the point people avoid you.
- You apologize constantly but for all the wrong things.
- A night out with alcohol and friends = impulsive stupid fights.
How Impulsiveness Sabotages
When you feel misunderstood or betrayed make sure you know the facts. Often that explosive phone call or email message you send is the worst reaction. You can’t take it back. The old phrase “sleep on it” means exactly what it says. Wake up and see how you feel the next day. You can’t take accusations and words back like a store purchase. Step back from your anger. Pause a few hours….a day……even 2 days. Magically things can improve.